Sunday, July 22, 2012

DONE WITH SENIOR LAB!

Hello, Hello!

Finally done with Senior Lab!!  That's a big stress off my shoulders.  To celebrate our last day in lab, we went to Lille Peter's, a buffet at Bakken, the oldest amusement park in the world.  A few of us headed there early so we could ride some roller coasters before filling up on food.



Coaster 1 of 2 for the day.


Jess and Krysta doing the 10 Day Dance








Probably a few differences from my previous safari

Coaster 2 of 2. Pretty crazy rotation and angles on this quick ride


I have a tendency to take pictures of anything that says 'Africa'

Buffet in Bakken for dinner


The following morning (Friday), Jess, Joe, and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises.  We were the first people in line at 9:30 in the morning.  Sadly we couldn't see it 6 hours before all you east coasters because they didn't have any midnight show times.


Big candy/concessions shop in the theater

Pixar Wall

The cover over the screen

The seats were really nice.  Good reclining settings.  Also you pick what seats you sit in when you buy your ticket


We spent the rest of the day working on our final lab report.  In the evening, we relaxed with...
Pasta Party and Hearts! as usual

9 Days!  Also, quite an interesting game



Saturday, I worked on writing my report along with watching an excessive amount of TV.  It was nice not to be rushed to do something.  Some of the Case Crew went into Copenhagen and checked out the amusement park Tivoli, but I relaxed and chatted with my family.

Sunday, a few of us went up north to see some of the castles.  First, we went to Fredriksborg Castle.

Stopped for some Danishes on the way to the train station


Block buster isn't dead!









Jess got really excited about the swan.... and then Joe pointed out that it was fake.













See the key to the castle?



So I foolishly thought that the small pipe in the lions mouth was supposed to be something.  I didn't consider that it'd be for water to shoot out of since it is a fountain and all.








































Tour guide.  Not ours, which explains why I had to creepily take this photo




























Yep that's our president's portrait in their castle.

After Fredriksborg, we went over to Helsingor where the Kronborger castle, also known as Elsinore in Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'.  



Train Station





Real Swans

Bro House







Rep-ing some Delta Gamma in Denmark


O hey Sweden


Over there! That's SWEDEN!


Jersey Girl knows how to beach it


Finding to good stones to skip

We took the road less traveled on the other side of the castle







Door to the secret tunnel to Sweden.  Probably


Giant mounds around the castle for protection.



So yea, sorry for the super long post.  I think you all were suffering from lack of updates due to senior lab craziness.  BUT!  That is over and I only have to give a presentation on Danish Politics on Thursday.

That is all for now.  I'm gonna get some sleep after such an adventurous day.
Until next time,
M.e.



No comments:

Post a Comment