Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lists

Things I've Learned (in no particular order)

  1. We should try much harder to learn other languages.  There were very few occurrences when I met someone that couldn't speak English.  When I arrived in Copenhagen I was so lost and people being willing and able to help guide me to Lyngby was my only hope of actually finding DTU.  I think we could return the favor to visitors to the States.
  2. Having tax included in the listed price of items makes check-out less of a surprise.
  3. I treat meeting times as suggestions.  Usually running ~5min late.  Especially in the morning.
  4. Smiling at strangers is a mid-western thing.
  5. Watching the Daily Show can keep you informed enough overseas.
  6. VPN's are amazing inventions.
  7. People who use the reason against bike riding "I have too much to carry" haven't seen people carry a full size bass on their bikes.  (ok it was behind on a cart, but still)
  8. Well there's a lot... Typically these come in story form, or too long to write out here.


Things I Miss (in no particular order)

  1. American English (though I've been spoiled in Denmark with the CWRU, U.Alabama, and Virginia Tech students)
  2. English Signs
  3. English Menus
  4. Knowing exactly what I'm buying at the grocery store
  5. Not multiplying or dividing to determine a cost
  6. Driving
  7. Singing and Driving
  8. Free Refills
  9. Subsidized foods leading to less expensive food in general
  10. Wifi
  11. Baseball/The Tribe
  12. My shower/a shower without a timer push button thing
  13. Window Screens
  14. Knowing where I am/where things are without a map
  15. Radio
  16. I can't list everybody's name, but you know I miss you all.
  17. Jelly
  18. A clean kitchen, or having the tools to clean a kitchen
  19. Carpet
  20. Probably more that I haven't thought of....

Things I Don't Really Miss as Much as You and I May Have Thought (in no particular order)
  1. Texting
  2. Mobile Email
  3. Oreos
  4. Spotify
  5. My full iTunes library
Top Memories ... well I guess I should say Stand Out memories
  1. Seeing the Milky Way on the safari
  2. Lion spotting on the safari
  3. The energy of the crowd at the Zebras v. South Africa game
  4. Car rides with Zee (when I wasn't sleeping)
  5. Welding 101 turned into dance party
  6. Naners
  7. Brian, Andrew, and Nikki rocking it with the traditional dancers
  8. Dancing at G-west
  9. Human seat belt! or really any cab ride in Botswana
  10. Meeting Wayne in Zurich
  11. The lake on top of First
  12. Gondola ride
  13. The Grand Canal lit up at night
  14.  St. Peter's Cathedral, Sistine Chapel, Rafael Room
  15. Reuniting with Brandon
  16. Rome fountains at night
  17. Listening to the Pope
  18. Evening prayer in the Berliner Dom
  19. Seeing a familiar face (Libby) in Berlin after a long long day
  20. The desolate landscape at Sachsenhausen
  21. Being in Berlin for the Germany vs. Italy game
  22. Roller coasters at Bakken
  23. Jess learning to play card games
  24. Krysta's happy dance
  25. Joe and I coming to the conclusion that 50% error is good enough on multiple occasions.
  26. Pasta parties
  27. Relaxing on a beach after 3 weeks of nonstop work.
  28. Smacking my face into the window at Malmo Museum.
  29. Packing for the final time
Here are some miscellaneous pictures from the last few days.

Handed in the student ID, no longer a DTU student

Happy Belated 21st Joe!

Getting back from Kulor Bar as the sun rose... don't worry it was only 3:30am or so.


Going to leave for the airport in about an hour.  I'll be in Cleveland in less than 24hrs!
Cheers,
M.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment